The Saint Michel Bay is one of the most beautiful sites of the Serre-Ponçon Lake. It is famous for its little chapel (chapel of St Michel) which was built in the XVII century in the hamlet of La Couche and was just high enough to escape the flooding of the lake when the barrage was built.
What to do at the Saint Michel Bay ?
There are a full range of activities for all the family at the bay – everything you need for a fun day or even a few days with friends and family.
To start with the site itself is magical : from the beach you have a magnificent view over the lake and the St Michel Chapel against a backdrop of stunning mountains…
The beach is managed and life-guarded and perfect for children. From there you can choose from a wide range of activities.
– The treetop « Serre Ponçon aventure » park with it’s giant tyrolean zip lines over the lake! http://www.serre-poncon-aventure.com
– The Saint Michel Bay Sailing School : variety of courses and possibility to hire equipment for sailing and windsurfing for both beginners and experienced sailers. www.baiestmichel.com
– The Saint Michel Beach Hut : snack, kayak, canoês, stand up paddle, water skiing, wake boarding and tubing… www.baiesaintmichel.com
– The Beach : a managed and life guarded beach (lifeguarded only in July and August) with both shaded and open areas.
– The Crins du Lac ; Horse Riding Centre : Whatever your experience of horse riding you will be welcome. There are some beautiful rides with views over the lake and surrounding mountains. www.balade-equestre.com
– Kangoo’s Park : Bouncy castle land! A complex of different bouncy castles for all ages including slides, double slides and an inflatable octopus. Birthday parties possible. Bouncy castle hire also possible. 06 15 38 34 87
The St Michel Bay port has 150 moorings, 50 places on the pontoon and places on land. It is possible to reserve for the season or just for a few days, depending on your needs !
Port Equipment :
– A ramp into the water and a pontoon for embarkment,
– Annexes and areas for windsurfing, sale of petrol for clients of the port in July and August,
– Embarkement pontoon for water skiing and tubing.
The ship-chandler at Serre-Ponçon. Yamaha and Bayliner, Quivksilver, Regal.
There is a beach snack bar and a bit higher up is the pizzeria « l’amarina ».
Camping at St Michel Bay :
Camping municipal : www.baiestmichel.com
Camping « la clé des champs »: http://www.camping-serre-poncon.fr/
Camping « le serre du lac »: http://www.campingleserredulac.com/
VVF : « le vergeret oriental » http://www.vvf-villages.fr/
For groups, la BNPA : www.baiestmichel.com
Numerous accommodation possibilities in nearby Chorges.
Chorges tourist Office : http://www.otchorges.com/